With millions of flat tires every year it should be no surprise that experts estimate drivers will face at least five flat tires in their lifetime. Knowing how to change a flat tire on your Honda car safely is essential. Our Marshfield Honda service center handles all your tire needs, including repair and replacement. But, what do you do if you’re stuck along the road with a flat? Follow these tips from Stevens Point Honda.
Before changing your tire, you should:
Start by pulling as far off the road as possible. You’ll want to turn on your hazard lights and apply your parking brake. Then, pull out your tools and supplies, including your spare tire and lug wrench. Before getting started with your tire, set up extra safety items, like caution cones or flashers.
Change your tire
The basics of changing a tire don’t vary much from vehicle to vehicle. Always refer to your manufacturer’s manual with any questions.
- Install a tire wedge under your tires to prevent your car from rolling.
- Loosen the lug nuts on your flat tire.
- Use your jack to raise your car.
- Remove the lug nuts and keep them in a safe spot.
- Take off the flat tire and replace it with your spare tire.
- Put the lug nuts back in and hand-tighten.
- Lower your car to the ground.
- Tighten the lug nuts.
- Check to ensure proper tire inflation and store your tools.
Once you’re able to, then call our Marshfield Honda service center for tire service. Our team at Stevens Point Honda will inspect your damaged tire. We can repair or replace it, plus ensure that your spare is safely put away. Give us a call at 866-979-6432 and schedule an appointment today.